Getting Data In

How can I visualize daily license consumption and increase?

kteng2024
Path Finder

Can I please know how to track the license increase? For example , I have an sourcetype "access_log" which has contributed 500GB of license yesterday but today if the same sourcetype contributed 700GB, I would like to see it in visualization. Right now, I am using below query to find top contributing sourcetypes.

index="_internal" source="*metrics.log" per_sourcetype_thruput | chart sum(eval(kb/1024/1024)) AS GB by series | sort – GB

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

It is the amount of license usage per day, per source type.

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log* type=Usage 
|  eval gb=b/1024/1024/1024
| timechart  span=1d sum(gb) AS sourcetype_volume_GB by st
0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you looked in the Monitoring Console on your license master for this? You can find historical averages and usage for these. See the documentation here : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.3/DMC/DMCoverview

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...