Getting Data In

How can I get Ansible script to automate installation of splunk universal forwarder on 1000 Linux Red Hat Servers??

ngwodo
Path Finder

Please I need detailed step-by-step process on how I can install splunk universal forwarder on 1000 linux red hat servers using ansible.  Is there any automated process to do it?  Please how will you set up ansible playbook to do this task?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

RMcCurdyDOTcom
Explorer

got nasty gram for posting links

search online for freeload101 github in scripts Splunk_UniversalForwarder_Installer.bash

0 Karma

ngwodo
Path Finder

Thanks. I will try those processes at some point. I am just gathering information on how to do it for now.. I thank you very much.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ngwodo,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

ngwodo
Path Finder

Thanks. Please just another quick question. Which section in the ansible scripts will I put 1000 linux servers? Would I put in the scripts IP addresses or how will ansible know which machines to deploy splunk UF to?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ngwodo,

I'm not an expert of Ansible, but you can see at https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/user_guide/playbooks_intro.html

Ciao.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...