Getting Data In

How can I calculate in real-time the rate of events (eps) being indexed?

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would like to find out how many events per second my indexer is receiving and indexing.

What search could help me find this out?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Run the following search over the time range real-time(all time) and you will be able to see what your incoming event rate looks like :

index=savage_clowns | eval search_time=now() | eval seconds_elapsed=(time() - search_time) | eval secs=if(seconds_elapsed<0,"1",seconds_elapsed) | stats count as ecount, last(secs) AS seconds| stats last(ecount) AS "event count", last(seconds) AS "search seconds elapsed", last(eval(ecount/seconds)) AS eps

This example targets a specific index, but feel free to change the first search terms to better suit your needs.

View solution in original post

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Run the following search over the time range real-time(all time) and you will be able to see what your incoming event rate looks like :

index=savage_clowns | eval search_time=now() | eval seconds_elapsed=(time() - search_time) | eval secs=if(seconds_elapsed<0,"1",seconds_elapsed) | stats count as ecount, last(secs) AS seconds| stats last(ecount) AS "event count", last(seconds) AS "search seconds elapsed", last(eval(ecount/seconds)) AS eps

This example targets a specific index, but feel free to change the first search terms to better suit your needs.

sonny_monti
Path Finder

savage_clowns killed me 😄 nice

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...