Getting Data In

Help with inputs.conf Stanza for the Azure AD MFA NPS Extension

arfee_splunker
Explorer

Hi all

Getting this message : 

ERROR ExecProcessor [3700 ExecProcessor] - message from ""C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk-winevtlog.exe"" splunk-winevtlog - WinEventMon::configure: Failed to find Event Log with channel name='Microsoft-AzureMfa-AuthZ/AuthZAdminCh'

I've tried numerous combinations in the stanza such as : 

WinEventLog://Microsoft-AzureMfa-AuthZ/AuthZAdminCh

WinEventLog://Microsoft-AzureMfa-AuthZ-AuthZAdminCh

WinEventLog://Microsoft/AzureMfa/AuthZ/AuthZAdminCh

The Windows Event Log chain for the AuthZAdminCh source is in the attachment.  Just not quite sure where I'm going wrong. 

Appreciate some advice.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

arfee_splunker
Explorer

Powershell (get-winevent -listlog *).logname revealed that the channel is simply called "AuthZAdminCh"

( despite hierarchical ordering under Microsoft-AzureMfa-AuthZ as presented in Event viewer )

The proven stanza  is as simple as : [WinEventLog://AuthZAdminCh

View solution in original post

0 Karma

arfee_splunker
Explorer

AuthZAdminCh.JPG

0 Karma

arfee_splunker
Explorer

Powershell (get-winevent -listlog *).logname revealed that the channel is simply called "AuthZAdminCh"

( despite hierarchical ordering under Microsoft-AzureMfa-AuthZ as presented in Event viewer )

The proven stanza  is as simple as : [WinEventLog://AuthZAdminCh

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...