Getting Data In

Help with Query to monitor web traffic

waJesu
Path Finder
I need help coming up with a query that can help create an IDPS/Internet Content Filtering dashboard in Splunk to continuously monitor the web traffic or pull reports when asked.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @waJesu,

your question is just a little bit vague: because at least you should share the technologies you're using.

Anyway, my hint is  to search in Splunkbase (apps.splunk.com) if there's an app for your technology that can guide you in data ingestion and presentation.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

waJesu
Path Finder

We are using sourcefire as IDPS if that helps clarify

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @waJesu,

sourcefire is unknown in apps.splunk.com, maybe you are speking of CISCO FireSIGHT.

In this case see the Add-on to take logs (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1808/) that's a part of CISCO eStreamer.

About the App, these logs are usually used in the Splunk Enterprise Security, you could also see in the CISCO Suite for Splunk (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5743/).

This is the best approach because otherwise, you should start to:

• analyze the way to send data (syslog, Forwarders, or else),
  • take the data,
  • parse the data,
  • analyze data content,
  • extract all fields,
  • create your own dashboards.

For this reason I hinted to search for an App, usually from the Vendor (e.g. CISCO).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

waJesu
Path Finder

Thank you. This should help.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @waJesu,

good for you, see next time!

If this answer solves your need, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community or tell me how I can help you more.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...