Getting Data In

Having to restart heavy forwarder to get data from F5 network devices through control API

mamulani11

I have configured f5 network devices to a Heavy Forwarder. The data gets ingested for some time and then again it stops getting indexed. Every time I have to restart Splunk services on HF to start the indexing for F5 devices.
I got below error through internal logs on HF :

2019-06-19 14:53:17,812 ERROR pid=97727 tid=Thread-4677 file=F5_iControl_API.py:run:92 | Exception (it may be caused by unreachable F5 server "ip address" or wrong iControl API "Management.Folder.get_traffic_group" in configured template): Server raised fault: 'Exception caught in Management::urn:iControl:Management/Folder::get_traffic_group()

There are many errors like this.
Can someone please help me?

0 Karma

effem
Communicator

What Splunk Version and App are you using?

0 Karma

mamulani11

Splunk HF is 7.0.1 , For app I don't know how to check but if I check in apps.conf it is: 2.6.0(for f5 app)

0 Karma

effem
Communicator

This exception indicates a connectivity issue to your F5

0 Karma

mamulani11

Is it a fault from Splunk side or something with F5 devices itself? What can be done in such situations? How to resolve this issue?

0 Karma

mamulani11

Does anyone know about this, I am stuck not able to use this addon due to this issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...