Getting Data In

Having to restart heavy forwarder to get data from F5 network devices through control API

mamulani11

I have configured f5 network devices to a Heavy Forwarder. The data gets ingested for some time and then again it stops getting indexed. Every time I have to restart Splunk services on HF to start the indexing for F5 devices.
I got below error through internal logs on HF :

2019-06-19 14:53:17,812 ERROR pid=97727 tid=Thread-4677 file=F5_iControl_API.py:run:92 | Exception (it may be caused by unreachable F5 server "ip address" or wrong iControl API "Management.Folder.get_traffic_group" in configured template): Server raised fault: 'Exception caught in Management::urn:iControl:Management/Folder::get_traffic_group()

There are many errors like this.
Can someone please help me?

0 Karma

effem
Communicator

What Splunk Version and App are you using?

0 Karma

mamulani11

Splunk HF is 7.0.1 , For app I don't know how to check but if I check in apps.conf it is: 2.6.0(for f5 app)

0 Karma

effem
Communicator

This exception indicates a connectivity issue to your F5

0 Karma

mamulani11

Is it a fault from Splunk side or something with F5 devices itself? What can be done in such situations? How to resolve this issue?

0 Karma

mamulani11

Does anyone know about this, I am stuck not able to use this addon due to this issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...