Getting Data In

Geostats command- How to show data on map

Splunk3
Explorer

I have two columns one is datacenter location and second- number of servers, I want to show this on map, how to show it without latitude and longitude details. Do I need to upload csv with latitude and longitude for all these locations ? And then using geostat command  . location of datacenter - New York , Texas, Amsterdam, Mumbai 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The geostats command needs latitude and longitude data to plot its results.   You may be able to get that information using the iplocation command, but won't work for internal IP addresses.  In that case, a CSV mapping datacenters to lat/long seems like a good solution.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The geostats command needs latitude and longitude data to plot its results.   You may be able to get that information using the iplocation command, but won't work for internal IP addresses.  In that case, a CSV mapping datacenters to lat/long seems like a good solution.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...