Getting Data In

[Fowarder] In AIX 6.1 enviroment, Is it have a problem forwading universal forwarder?

qkwltk
Path Finder

Hi, Good Day 😄 Guys,
I have a Question about Splunk Enviroment.

Unix OS AIX 6.1 Server in Vmware Environment

CentOS 6.2 in Vmware Environment, Splunk 5.0.1

The Question is.
1. Is it have a problem installing universal forwarder in AIX 6.1?
2. Is it have a problem forwading to universal forwarder in AIX 6.1?
3. Is it have a problem Operating universal forwarder in AIX 6.1?

I look forward to your best answer asap!
Thank you^^

Tags (2)
0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

AIX 6.1 is listed as a supported platform for the universal forwarder. Splunk supplies the universal forwarder as a .tgz tarball file. You can unpack this to install it, configure it, and then start it.

We run several Splunk universal forwarders on AIX versions 5.3 and 6.1 without any major issues. Our indexers run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

There is no limit/restriction on which OS/Architecture of forwarder can talk to which OS/Architecture of indexer. As long as the version of forwarder and the version of indexer are compatible, you have your choice of hardware/OS platforms. That is, an AIX forwarder works with a Linux indexer just as well as it does a MacOS indexer or a Windows indexer.

qkwltk
Path Finder

Excuse me that, Could you give me more detail solution by email?
About 1. Detailed setting Procedure Document
2. Operating Reference Document
etc,,
my email is parkjs0828@gmail.com
Again, Thanks to your command!:D

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

First step, always read the documentation;

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.1/Installation/SystemRequirements#Supported_OSes
and
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0/ReleaseNotes/Deprecatedfeatures

Otherwise, others may post their experiences or you might be safer contacting support

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...