Getting Data In

Forwarding Search Results on a schedule

dm1
Contributor

I have a requirement to forward search results of a query to an indexer of an external organization. The volume of this data would be fairly high.

I understand there are a multiple ways to achieve this. I am thinking to use a script to run every 5 mins to grab the search results via REST API and store it locally on the disk and forward it from there via outputs.conf

I also understand this would be very to do via script but only challenge is I am not that experienced with scripting stuff, hence little unsure. 

Hence, wondering if anyone can please share if there would be an easier way than doing this via a script.

Labels (5)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dm1 

Have you tried _TCP_ROUTING in transforms conf of HF.

The search results that you wish to export should have been going through HF in your infra to your internal indexers, if you know exactly what streams you want to forward filter on search pattern/host/source/index etc  then send them to external org indexers at the same time  using transforms conf _TCP_ROUTING option. No need of scripting.

0 Karma

dm1
Contributor

The search results are not going via HF. This is running a search on already indexed data (its a summary index)

Basically, I am running a search, e.g. 

index=abc field1=def field2=ghi

I want to forward the results of the above search to another Indexer on a cron schedule like every 5mins.

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dm1 i mean't the _raw stream at the time of indexing to your internal org indexers going via HF. Same you would like to export after indexing the data and forward it to external org indexers isn't it?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...