Getting Data In

Find events occurring only between 08:00 and 17:00 M-F for the Month

edenzler
Path Finder

Hi, for an up time report - currently stumped.

A CSV log that contains a Time column - values formatted as: 1/01/2013 01:20 - three months worth of data, values typically every minute, a Status field contains - Success - Warning - Error, looking to do the following:

Only interested in the time range of 08:00 to 17:00 Monday through Friday by the total number of hours in that particular month. Looking to sum out the Success - Warning - Error count by Month.

Cheers,

chris
Motivator

I'm assuming that splunk recognizes the time stamp for the events.

Splunk has internal time Fields that you can use. You can add the following to your search:

date_hour>8 date_hour<17 ( date_wday=monday OR date_wday=tuesday OR date_wday=wednesday OR date_wday=thursday OR date_wday=friday)

To sum out you can try to append the following:

| stats count by status_field,date_month

edenzler
Path Finder

Was worth the mojo deduction. Thanks again!

0 Karma

chris
Motivator

You're welcome. By the way if you just accept the answer I will get points for that and you don't have to award extra points to me that are deduced from your account

0 Karma

edenzler
Path Finder

Awesome. Was completely over thinking it. 🙂 Cheers!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...