Getting Data In

Filtering NULL values after STATS

gmartinv

Hello Splunkers,

First of all, than you all for such great community.

I have a question. I am running a query in which I am using appendcols to append the results of a subsearch to my initial search. I am doing this because I am managing large datasets and I want to avoid using the JOIN command. My query is the following one:

index=active_directory (source="ACTIVE_DIRECTORY")
| dedup NUUMA
| eval NUUMA=tostring(upper(NUUMA))
| table NUUMA DISPLAYNAME UserAcControl

| appendcols [search index=active_directory source="APP1" | dedup USERNAME | fields USERNAME UserAcControl |eval NUUMA=tostring(upper(USERNAME)) | fillnull value=NULL UserAcControl]

| stats values(UserAcControl) count by NUUMA

I am getting the results that I need, but after the STATS command, I need to select the UserAcControl attribute with NULL values. I have tried doing something like this, but it is not working:

…| stats values(UserAcControl) count by NUUMA | where isnull(UserAcControl)

I am attaching a screenshot showing the the values that I want to capture.

Any thoughts??

Thank you!!

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

NULL is nothing, not "NULL" string.

| stats values(UserAcControl) count by NUUMA | where isnull(UserAcControl)
| stats values(UserAcControl) as UserAcControl count by NUUMA | where UserAcControl="NULL"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

NULL is nothing, not "NULL" string.

| stats values(UserAcControl) count by NUUMA | where isnull(UserAcControl)
| stats values(UserAcControl) as UserAcControl count by NUUMA | where UserAcControl="NULL"

0 Karma

gmartinv

Thank you!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...