Getting Data In

Filter data

aalaa
Path Finder

Hello ,
I need to filter data in a heavy forwarder ,
by discarding some of event : i have the field "id" in my data this field contains many type , i need to discard the id type id="1200006"

So , i try with this :

Propos.conf :
[source::tcp:516]
TRANSFORMS-null= setnull

transforms.conf :
[setnull]
REGEX =[.1200006.]
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

but it does not give a result !
Any help please , Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

That regex is incorrect. Square brackets are for defining character sets. In this case your regex will match any event containing literal dots, 1, 2, 0 or 6. So it would likely send pretty much all your events to the nullQueue. Just use REGEX = id="1200006".

You say "it does not give a result !". Do you mean you don't see any events anymore (explained by incorrect regex) or do you mean the config seems to have no effect? In that latter case: have you restarted the HF after adding that config? Have you checked using btool that that config is correctly interpreted by Splunk? Perhaps conflict with other transforms (setnull is not a very unique name and it must be a unique name).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

That regex is incorrect. Square brackets are for defining character sets. In this case your regex will match any event containing literal dots, 1, 2, 0 or 6. So it would likely send pretty much all your events to the nullQueue. Just use REGEX = id="1200006".

You say "it does not give a result !". Do you mean you don't see any events anymore (explained by incorrect regex) or do you mean the config seems to have no effect? In that latter case: have you restarted the HF after adding that config? Have you checked using btool that that config is correctly interpreted by Splunk? Perhaps conflict with other transforms (setnull is not a very unique name and it must be a unique name).

0 Karma

aalaa
Path Finder

i try with this :

Transofrms.conf :
[setnull]
REGEX = id ="1200006"
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Propos.conf :
[source::tcp://516]
TRANSFORMS-null= setnull

same result , the event with the id=1200006 rest exist

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Then have a look at the second part of my answer. And I think you can keep the [source::tcp:516] as you had it initially.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...