Getting Data In

Exporting Reports Automatically to Specific Location

mavilla
Explorer

Hi all,

I am looking for an automated way to export reports on a recurring schedule and to a location other than the the default where the outputscsv command saves them to. I found a few older questions and answers posted but I wanted to see if there was an updated answer to this. Thanks splunkers!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mavilla,

you have two solutions to your questions:

• modify the python script that saves the csv in the default folder (I don't hint this solution!),
  • create a scheduled shell script that moves the csv from the default folder in the correct destination folder.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mavilla,

you have two solutions to your questions:

• modify the python script that saves the csv in the default folder (I don't hint this solution!),
  • create a scheduled shell script that moves the csv from the default folder in the correct destination folder.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

mavilla
Explorer

Thank you @gcusello! I will look into these options and maybe leveraging other tools as well.

Thanks,

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mavilla,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...