Getting Data In

Exchange App and BES

maciep
Champion

I was hoping somebody could clarify something for me. With the "Splunk for Exchange" app, is Blackberry Enterprise Server supported?

For version 2.0, 2.1 and 2.1.1 the release notes all say that support for BES was depreciated. But they also all include BES in the About section of the documentation as Optional. It is not mentioned at all in the release notes for 2.1.2, but is included the About section for this latest release too.

Does anyone know if it supported in version 2.1.2. I did install the app in our test environment, and I'm not sure which TA I would deploy to a BES server. I do know there is a separate add-on available BES 5.03, which I don't think is related to the Exchange app.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Blackberry Enterprise Server component is not supported, mostly because we don't have availability to test any changes needed. We released the component separately as a result. All the same stuff is there, just not integrated with the Exchange app.

View solution in original post

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Blackberry Enterprise Server component is not supported, mostly because we don't have availability to test any changes needed. We released the component separately as a result. All the same stuff is there, just not integrated with the Exchange app.

maciep
Champion

Thanks for the info. After talking with BB guy here, it sounds like we might be able to use the TA for bes 5 and then the Exchange client access logs for bes 10.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...