Getting Data In

Eventhubs - Splunk Add-ON for ms cloud services partitions

zippo706
Explorer

I was using the MS Azure add-on for splunk.  Trying to switch to Splunk Add-on for MS cloud services.   One thing i noticed is that the event hub i was using is appending event hub events into the same splunk event. 

Ie, instead of 8 events in Event Hub, and 8 events in splunk (which i saw in ms azure add-on for splunk),

I get 2 events of 4 body.records[].service_principal_name.    The # of appended events is related to the # of partitiions, however, this thing doesn't seem to work w/ 1 partition.  Keep getting can not find partition 0 of 0 when the eventhub is 1 partition.  Formatting is TERRIBLE and it takes 30 seconds to render the 1st record in a search since raw so large.

Any ideas what's going on here?   This supposed to be by design?

Labels (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...