Getting Data In

Do I need to set up my search head or one of my indexers as my deployment server to deploy and manage universal forwarder configurations?

benafo
Explorer

I just set up 2 indexers and 1 search head. I need to use a deployment server to manage and deploy configurations across my universal forwarder. Do I need to set up the search head as my deployment server, or use one of the indexers? A quick response will be highly appreciated from any SPLUNKER.....

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi benafo,

It may look like an over-head right now, but since the number of universale forwarders will grow over time consider to get a dedicated small VM to be the deployment server. You can start as well on the search head and get the dedicated VM later....

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

PS: the reason for the deployment server on a VM, is to be able to scale up later ....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...