Getting Data In

Do I need to set up my search head or one of my indexers as my deployment server to deploy and manage universal forwarder configurations?

benafo
Explorer

I just set up 2 indexers and 1 search head. I need to use a deployment server to manage and deploy configurations across my universal forwarder. Do I need to set up the search head as my deployment server, or use one of the indexers? A quick response will be highly appreciated from any SPLUNKER.....

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi benafo,

It may look like an over-head right now, but since the number of universale forwarders will grow over time consider to get a dedicated small VM to be the deployment server. You can start as well on the search head and get the dedicated VM later....

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

PS: the reason for the deployment server on a VM, is to be able to scale up later ....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...