Getting Data In

Details on disabled flag in inputs.conf?

Jordan_Brough
Path Finder

In many examples (on splunk.com, in training class slides, and elsewhere) I see a "disabled = false" setting in many inputs.conf [monitor] stanzas. However, the only documentation I see for this setting is on http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/admin/inputsconf and it doesn't list what the default is, for example. Are there other docs with more details on the setting, what the default is, and why it is included in many example stanzas but not all? In particular, do I need to be adding this setting to all my [monitor] stanzas?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

Default is false, meaning inputs will by default be enabled unless anything else is specified. I include it out of habit, and because it provides a simple way for people doing changes to see where they can change if they want to disable an input. But, other than for brevity, there's no real reason to include disabled = false for an input that's supposed to be enabled (that I know of that is).

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

Default is false, meaning inputs will by default be enabled unless anything else is specified. I include it out of habit, and because it provides a simple way for people doing changes to see where they can change if they want to disable an input. But, other than for brevity, there's no real reason to include disabled = false for an input that's supposed to be enabled (that I know of that is).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...