Getting Data In

Data upload from splunk ui is successful, but data is not appearing in search

jagdish0886
Explorer

Hi,
I have uploaded the data to splunk, but while searching the data doesnt appear, I have shared the screenshots as well. Can you please help here.
Index used - default
log file type - .log
search criteria - all time
Splunk version of docker - store/splunk/splunk:7.3

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

jagdish0886
Explorer

I have got a solution:

default volume size is 5 GB in splunk for each of the container, either you need to increase the volume size (for path /var/lib/docker/volumes path on host machine of the docker containers ) or reduce the parameter value to lower the size in server.conf of each of the container:

refer below thread for more details:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.0/Indexer/Setlimitsondiskusage#Set_minimum_free_dis...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jagdish0886
Explorer

I have got a solution:

default volume size is 5 GB in splunk for each of the container, either you need to increase the volume size (for path /var/lib/docker/volumes path on host machine of the docker containers ) or reduce the parameter value to lower the size in server.conf of each of the container:

refer below thread for more details:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.0/Indexer/Setlimitsondiskusage#Set_minimum_free_dis...

0 Karma

jagdish0886
Explorer

adding few more details:
When I upload the data from Splunk UI, it notifies that data is successfully uploaded, however
indexed data doesn't reflect in Splunk indexed data path opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/spice-index/db and hence not searchable from splunk UI. Please help how to make the data searchable:

Index used: default and custom (both same issue)
search criteria: all time
splunk docker container: version store/splunk/splunk:7.3  developer licence
file size : 500 KB file type .log
browser: tried with chrome and IE
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...