Getting Data In

Data flow/input question - see data being received but does not appear indexed

mattshwink1
Loves-to-Learn

So I see data coming in:

04-13-2021 17:32:25.470 -0400 INFO StatusMgr - destPort=9997, eventType=connect_done, group=tcpin_connections, sourceHost=*.*.153.70, sourceIp=*.*.153.70, sourcePort=39820, statusee=TcpInputProcessor

But I can't find where this data is going.  I have the source info and have searched all indexes on the above IPs as well as keywords/fields from the source but can't find it.  Where does it go next?  How can I tell if the indexer is generating errors or rejecting it?

This data is being sent directly to my indexer cluster from a remote CRIBL source.  The data is text (comma delimited).

Where does the data go next?

Also, if I want to configure the IP do I configure a source in the cluster master under master apps and push it out:
/master-apps/cribl/local/inputs.conf
[tcp://*.*.153.70:9997]
index=cribl

or do I have to do this in /system/local/inputs.conf on each indexer? 

or do I have to forward to a HF first.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...