Getting Data In

Data flow/input question - see data being received but does not appear indexed

mattshwink1
Loves-to-Learn

So I see data coming in:

04-13-2021 17:32:25.470 -0400 INFO StatusMgr - destPort=9997, eventType=connect_done, group=tcpin_connections, sourceHost=*.*.153.70, sourceIp=*.*.153.70, sourcePort=39820, statusee=TcpInputProcessor

But I can't find where this data is going.  I have the source info and have searched all indexes on the above IPs as well as keywords/fields from the source but can't find it.  Where does it go next?  How can I tell if the indexer is generating errors or rejecting it?

This data is being sent directly to my indexer cluster from a remote CRIBL source.  The data is text (comma delimited).

Where does the data go next?

Also, if I want to configure the IP do I configure a source in the cluster master under master apps and push it out:
/master-apps/cribl/local/inputs.conf
[tcp://*.*.153.70:9997]
index=cribl

or do I have to do this in /system/local/inputs.conf on each indexer? 

or do I have to forward to a HF first.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...