Getting Data In

Daily indexing volume limit exceeded today. See License Manager for details

harshavrath
Contributor

Hi

I'm getting this message "Daily indexing volume limit exceeded today. See License Manager for details"

I'm using Splunk on windows how to delete all the indexed data.

Any Help is Appreciated.

Cheers.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harshavrath
Contributor

i deleted the folders where my indexed data was stored & the problem is solved.Thank you.

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Was your search capability disabled? If so, deleting indexed data will not solve the problem.
If you still want to delete the indexed data, then you can delete the buckets in the index folders.

strive
Influencer

Yes the indexing volume is perDay basis. You can index 400MB today and 400MB tomorrow,

harshavrath
Contributor

The License usage states that 500MB/perDay so can i index 400MB of data today & 400MB of Data tomorrow.

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

If your issue is that you have too many violations of the warnings due to indexing too much data over time, you could always re-install splunk and they will dissapear

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...