Getting Data In

DBConnect 3.2 error Error while saving schema to file: java.io.FileNotFoundException

Cbr1sg
Path Finder

Hi all,

When I was trying to setup a new connection in DBConnect 3.2, i got this error message

java.sql.SQLException: Error while saving schema to file: java.io.FileNotFoundException

anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

bknumb
Loves-to-Learn

Hi @Cbr1sg 

I have the same problem. Did you resolve this?

I tried to search on google but no luck 😞

It saves schema in somewhere that not has permission, I can't figure out where it saves schema.

Does anyone else have ideas about this issue?

regards

0 Karma

instoremedia

Hi,

After asking Unity about this error, they told me I had to add the following parameter on the JDBC URL, as well as adding the authSource

- Windows: c:/temp/mongo.xml

- Linux: /tmp/mong.xml

This is a location on where to save the schema as a XML file. You can change it to whatever you want as well as the name of the file.

They also told me that problem was that the default location for the file was not writeable, although they didn't tell me where was that location.

This is an example that worked for me:

jdbc:mongodb://user:password@host:port/database?schema=/tmp/mongo.xml&authSource=admin

Regards,

Jordi.

0 Karma

Cbr1sg
Path Finder

Correct, I also ask Unity guys about this and they gave same answer to me.

Just additional note, make sure splunk has access to whatever xml file that you're pointing to. In my case, i gave everyone view access to the file. Then problem is solved.

0 Karma

IcyPenguin
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Sorry where did you give everyone access to the file, on your OS or somewhere in Splunk config?
I am stuck on the same problem
Thanks!

0 Karma

Cbr1sg
Path Finder

Yes that's on OS level, my Splunk is on linux so I use chmod

0 Karma

IcyPenguin
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks for the reply,
Do you remember what folder / file needed the permissions, when I run DB Connect with a manual file location for /tmp/file.xml it works fine, and I can see the file gets created with Splunk:Splunk ownership.  I am trying to figure out where DB Connect is trying to create a file that it does not have permissions for

0 Karma

Cbr1sg
Path Finder

as I mentioned above, the xml file that you're pointing to, need to have at least read permission for splunk.

In my case, I gave read permission to everyone, to be safe.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...