Getting Data In

DB Connect App template

putnamblake
Path Finder

Hi All,

I'm using DB Connect 3.x - I want to create a template for future MS-SQL connections to speed the process up for others. I've read I can accomplish this by moving db_inputs_template.conf from add-on/default to dbconnect/local. 

In my dev region I have DBX 3.x installed and the MS-SQL add on installed as well. However due to some limitations and constraints of the region I am unable to test the functionality. 

So I am wondering if I can just copy/ touch the db_inputs_templates.conf in dbconnect/local and have it populate the drop down with the templates without the addon(s) installed?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

putnamblake
Path Finder

Here to answer my own question- I have tested and yes you are able to create the db_inputs_template.conf whether borrowed from addon/default or using touch in dbconnect/local. Supply the values in the stanza, restart the host and the table populates. 

View solution in original post

putnamblake
Path Finder

Here to answer my own question- I have tested and yes you are able to create the db_inputs_template.conf whether borrowed from addon/default or using touch in dbconnect/local. Supply the values in the stanza, restart the host and the table populates. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...