Getting Data In

Customize output csv file name base on field value?

phamxuantung
Communicator

Hello, I have query that produce a table like this:

Quantity Company
4 Company_A
63 Company_B
13 Company_C

The requirement that I have to send each company their own data with the attached csv with their name, for example "report_for_Company_A.csv" , "report_for_Company_B.csv".

Company A will receive their row of data with their attached file name.

I try to use

|<my search that produce the table>
|eval myCustomFileName = "Report_for_" + Company
|ouputcsv $myCustomFileName$.csv

It does have the field myCustomFileName correct but the file output was name $myCustomFileName$.csv.

How do I do it?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @phamxuantung,

I'm not sure that's possible to use a variable for outputcsv command, but, if the number of companies isn't so large, you could schedule a report for each one that prepare a csv and directly send it by eMail.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

phamxuantung
Communicator

I'm considering making an alert for each company, but we're having over 40 associates, so that will require a bit of work creating and management, so I try to find a work around for a small requirement such as filename.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...