Getting Data In

Couldn't uninstall Splunk Enterprise from Windows 2012 server.

Dinesh_Raja
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have installed Splunk Universal forwarder & Splunk Enterprise (6.6.6) on a windows server machine. However, i don't need Splunk enterprise now on this machine. I uninstalled Splunk Enterprise application from control panel, however, i could see the 'Splunk' folder under program files directory. When i try to delete respective folder (460MB), i m getting error message of "This action can't be completed because the file is open in splunkd" and "This action can't be completed because the file is open in 52775fd4.rbf".

Looking forward for your support.

Regards,
Dinesh Raja

0 Karma
1 Solution

p_gurav
Champion

Did you stop splunk and then delete it?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Dinesh_Raja
Path Finder

Forgot to stop Splunkd service. Uninstalled successfully after stop the service. Thanks @p_gurav .

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Did you stop splunk and then delete it?

0 Karma

Dinesh_Raja
Path Finder

Thanks , Forgot to stop the service. It worked.

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Happy to help!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...