Getting Data In

Could someone help me find out whether i am getting data from universal forwarder to heavy forwarder?

vikkysplunk
Path Finder

Hello, Please could someone help me find out whether i am getting data from the universal forwarder to the heavy forwarder?

Note : I don't have UF and Indexers, Search head CLI access.

Thanks.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

|tstats count values(source) where (index=* OR index=_*) AND host="YourHostHere" BY sourcetype

If it does not show, see if you are using the correct YourHostHere with a broader search like this:

|tstats count values(source) where (index=* OR index=_*) BY host

Be sure to check both the original host and your HF host.

0 Karma

tsaikumar009
Explorer

| tstats count where index=* host=UFHOSTNAME by index,source,sourcetype

by the above query you will be able to see what are all the logs you are looking from the required Universal forwarder on search head. Then you can understand if the intended data is flowing through UF-->HF-->Indexer

0 Karma

damann
Communicator

With something like that |tstats count where index=* by host you will get an overview which hosts are active.
Do you know your network and which hosts have a UF installed or which hosts work as a Heavy Forwarder?

bishtk
Communicator

@damann thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...