Getting Data In

Configuring Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory (SA-LDAPSearch)

ptur
Path Finder

Hello,
I'm in the process of configuring the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure on our Splunk Cloud. One component I'm having issues with is SA-LDAPSearch. I don't provide external LDAP access, so I have installed the app on a heavy forwarder on my LAN. I have set up ldap.conf file to provide LDAP connectivity information. I'm confused what the next step should be. Instructions call for creating an index on both indexer and forwarder - but how do I associate this index with the app? How do I "forward" the app functionality to Splunk Cloud, so all the WINFRA reports that rely on LDAP searches return correct information?

Thanks

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You may want to take a look at this app: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3177/ It lets you bypass the requirement for installing the Support Add-On for Active Directory.

0 Karma

ptur
Path Finder

Thanks,
Do you know what does it take to integrate these AD Object lookups into Splunk for Windows Infrastructure? Would we have to modify each report's sources?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...