Getting Data In

Configuring Splunk DB Connect in Splunk Cloud

LCelley
Explorer

I have not been able to find much information on configuring DB Connect in Splunk Cloud. I've seen that people have installed the app on a heavy forwarder to send data to Splunk Cloud, but I'm thinking that was before it was compatible with Splunk Cloud because I see it as an available app to install in Splunk Cloud.

Has anyone set it up in this manner? How would I go about configuring the connection between our on premise servers and Splunk Cloud? I'm thinking if we had to install it on a heavy forwarder we would end up losing some of the features offered in DB Connect like dbxquery for dashboards.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @LCelley,

Choosing where to install DBConnect depends on your infrastructure. If your databases are on-premises, for security and performance reasons it is better to have DBConnect running on-premises HF. Because you will need to allow DB access from Splunk Cloud to your infrastructure.

On your DB instances running on AWS  or GCP cloud (wherever your Splunk Cloud instances are running), you can consider using DBConnect on Splunk Cloud. 

If this reply helps you un upvote is appreciated.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...