Getting Data In

Configure Pre-Selected Graphs on Insights for Infrastructure

adam_findel
Explorer

I've no idea whether this functionality exists, however I wanted to know whether 'groups' in Insights for Infrastructure could function as 'dashboards'. By this, I mean is there a way to save graphs such as CPU Utilization so that when a group is opened, it is per-populated into the metrics area?

Apologies if my question is difficult to understand - I'll happily re-word if so.

0 Karma
1 Solution

abrown_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Two options here:
- you create the view you want and save the resulting alerts - at that point you’ll both be able to view them quickly AND proactively be notified about the resulting conditions.
- Running the App for Infrastructure on a Splunk Enterprise deployment will allow you to save these views as dashboards.

View solution in original post

abrown_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Two options here:
- you create the view you want and save the resulting alerts - at that point you’ll both be able to view them quickly AND proactively be notified about the resulting conditions.
- Running the App for Infrastructure on a Splunk Enterprise deployment will allow you to save these views as dashboards.

abrown_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Just to be clear Adam, are you asking persist certain groups so that they are the default when you open that view again? Currently, certain information we judge as relevant pre-populated, but we don’t have a feature to specify user-selected views on load in Insights for Infrastructure.

0 Karma

adam_findel
Explorer

Thanks for the info. So there is absolutely no way to save a view on a page whatsoever? This seems a bit of a dealbreaker, as this prevents Insights for Infrastructure being used as a monitoring tool

0 Karma

ntankersley_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Adam, very good points. The ability to save to a custom dashboard in the Insight isn't yet in the product, the app for Splunk Enterprise can save any panel as a dashboard that can be customized to meet whichever visualization you prefer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...