redgoat
Engager

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

shivanshu1593
Builder

Hello @redgoat ,

It can be done like this (Assuming that each S3 has it's own separate input and host or source or sourcetype, preferably sourcetype)

Identify the input, which you want to send to a separate set of Indexers, obtain it's sourcetype and then On your HF, go to props.conf or create one in the local directory of the AWS add on and put the following:

[host/source/sourcetype_name_here]
TRANSFORMS-routing=newRouting

Now, under transforms.conf under the same directory (create one if its missing), put the following

[newRouting]
REGEX= . DEST_KEY=_TCP_ROUTING FORMAT=newGroup

Then, in outputs.conf under the same local directory (copy your main outputs.conf here and APPEND the following in it)

[tcpout:newGroup]

server=<ip of your indexers, where you want to send the data>:<port number>

If you aren't sure or don't use different sourcetypes, let me know and I'll suggest a different solution for it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

S

***If this helped, please accept it as a solution. It helps others to find the solution for similar issues quickly.***

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###

View solution in original post

mibrahim8
Explorer

Hello, 

Here is a link [ https://mk-datalab.blogspot.com/2021/09/splunk-hf-advanced-data-routing-cloning.html ] of an Article that reference Splunk Documentation and emphasize on the above way in more details and more data routing & cloning scenarios. 

Please check ! and feedback me !

Thanks,

Mohamed Khalil

Tags (3)
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Hello @redgoat ,

It can be done like this (Assuming that each S3 has it's own separate input and host or source or sourcetype, preferably sourcetype)

Identify the input, which you want to send to a separate set of Indexers, obtain it's sourcetype and then On your HF, go to props.conf or create one in the local directory of the AWS add on and put the following:

[host/source/sourcetype_name_here]
TRANSFORMS-routing=newRouting

Now, under transforms.conf under the same directory (create one if its missing), put the following

[newRouting]
REGEX= . DEST_KEY=_TCP_ROUTING FORMAT=newGroup

Then, in outputs.conf under the same local directory (copy your main outputs.conf here and APPEND the following in it)

[tcpout:newGroup]

server=<ip of your indexers, where you want to send the data>:<port number>

If you aren't sure or don't use different sourcetypes, let me know and I'll suggest a different solution for it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

S

***If this helped, please accept it as a solution. It helps others to find the solution for similar issues quickly.***

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...