Getting Data In

Cisco ASR9k model-driven telemetry

andreas_wall
Engager

I have been looking in to using model-driven telemetry in our Cisco ASR9k's. At the moment I am looking mostly in to stream interface counters.

Information about this on Cisco.com:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-6/telemetry/configuration/gu...

From what I can tell it can encode the data in protocol buffer or JSON.

I am quite new to Splunk and wonder what is needed on Splunk side to be able to handle this data. Do I need to process the data somewhere else and then send to Splunk?

Thankful for any ideas and documentation you think I should look at. Also interested if someone else has done this and how.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Splunk has default out-of-box supported integrations on standard protocols and technology specific add-on's special purpose written for particular products being Cisco, AWS, MS Azure etc.

For your requirements you could start with existing add-on in Splunkbase which is like AppStore  for Splunk. Following add-on looks supporting ASR 9000 series devices to integrate and index data to Splunk.

Cisco Networks Add-on for Splunk Enterprise | Splunkbase

Splunk admin can help you installation of add-on splunk,  Make sure you verify the licensing terms of add-on.

If the licensing terms do not work for your case there is always a solution using standard protocols this could be enabling syslog/tcp stream on Cisco device and  Splunk has capability to receive it and index data.

-----------------------------

Please upvote if helps!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...