Getting Data In

Checkpoint logs being indexed incorrectly ( One hour earlier )

LeandroKopke
Explorer

I am having trouble with my checkpoint log.
Or indefinite is late hour.

Example:
Actual time of the event: 12:15.
Time that is indexed on spunk: 11:15: AM

Time at checkpoint is correct. Splunk time is ticking. Already added in props.conf the checkpoing or sourcetype [opsec] and put the parameter
TZ = America / Sao_Paulo, but I have the wrong indexing

0 Karma

jacobpevans
Motivator

The past weekend was daylight savings changeover. Are you certain all your timezones are set properly? Is the clock on the indexer(s) accurate?

Cheers,
Jacob

If you feel this response answered your question, please do not forget to mark it as such. If it did not, but you do have the answer, feel free to answer your own post and accept that as the answer.

LeandroKopke
Explorer

Hi Jacob.
Yes. I'm check all indexers.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Where have you put the props.conf for TZ setting for opsec sourcetype, Indexer/Intermediate Forwarder OR at universal forwarder where you're monitoring the log file?

LeandroKopke
Explorer

A TZ configuration was used in the indexer. This server has the OPSEC LEA app and all configuration is all made on it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...