Getting Data In

Change Splunk IP

ShaunBaker
Path Finder

How do I successfully change the Splunk instance (all in one indexer, search head, webUI etc) VM's IP address?

Since Splunk 7 - 8, the Splunk install automatically uses the VMWare admin interface making it so I can only log into Splunk via the VM.

I follow the Bind IP instructions here : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.3/Admin/BindSplunktoanIP to get it to where I can now log into the webUI via the IP I specify, but this breaks Splunk. Upon reboot I get a 500 service not found. IP and ports are as specified when I reboot Splunk, but the webUI will no longer work and I have to restore from a snapshot.

token2
Path Finder

I'm fairly certain with Splunk 7.3.1 following the BindIP instructions brakes the webUI.

When I clear out the stanza to bind the IP I can log back into splunk again from within the VM (as Splunk is choosing the virbr0 interface for some reason).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...