Getting Data In

Change Splunk IP

ShaunBaker
Path Finder

How do I successfully change the Splunk instance (all in one indexer, search head, webUI etc) VM's IP address?

Since Splunk 7 - 8, the Splunk install automatically uses the VMWare admin interface making it so I can only log into Splunk via the VM.

I follow the Bind IP instructions here : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.3/Admin/BindSplunktoanIP to get it to where I can now log into the webUI via the IP I specify, but this breaks Splunk. Upon reboot I get a 500 service not found. IP and ports are as specified when I reboot Splunk, but the webUI will no longer work and I have to restore from a snapshot.

token2
Path Finder

I'm fairly certain with Splunk 7.3.1 following the BindIP instructions brakes the webUI.

When I clear out the stanza to bind the IP I can log back into splunk again from within the VM (as Splunk is choosing the virbr0 interface for some reason).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...