Getting Data In

Can you help me alter the extension of a blacklisting file with pattern in the filename?

damucka
Builder

Hello,

We would like to exclude some files from indexing using blacklist. At the moment, it looks as follows and works fine

blacklist =rtedump|_alert_|available\.log$|nameserver_history\.trc$|table_consistency_check|\.(?i:gz|json|old|py|tar|txt|xml|zip)$

However, I would like to additionally exclude the user traces, which can be identified as having the following ending pattern (checked in regex101.com):

[ICDicd]\d{6,}\.trc

How would the new blacklist have to look like? Would it be just the extension of the existing one and look as follows?

blacklist =[ICDicd]\d{6,}\.trc|rtedump|_alert_|available\.log$|nameserver_history\.trc$|table_consistency_check|\.(?i:gz|json|old|py|tar|txt|xml|zip)$

Kind Regards,
Kamil

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @damucka,

Yes that looks correct.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...