Getting Data In

Can wget be used instead of Curl to export data from Splunk using REST API ?

dm1
Contributor

I am in a unique situation where I want to use Splunk's REST API to export data to a third party system.

Looking at the docs, it seems I am required to use Curl, but unfortunately, its unavailable in our environment and cannot be used. Have been told to use wget as alternative. But I have never used wget except for downloading splunk files.

Does anyone knows if the below command can be executed using wget ?

curl -u admin:changeme \
     -k https://localhost:8089/servicesNS/admin/search/search/jobs/1423855196.339/results/ \
     --get -d output_mode=json -d count=5
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

curl is NOT required.  It's an easy CLI way to send REST commands, but it certainly is not the only way.  wget probably is not a good alternative, however.  Consider writing a Python script that sends the needed REST commands.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

curl is NOT required.  It's an easy CLI way to send REST commands, but it certainly is not the only way.  wget probably is not a good alternative, however.  Consider writing a Python script that sends the needed REST commands.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...