Getting Data In

Can we fetch the last available data in an index , which is not ingested in the last 24hrs?

shahid285
Path Finder

I have an requirement to show the data for last 24hrs. If the data is not available for the last 24hrs, i need to show the 24hrs data which was ingested very lastly.
Example :
If i had ingested data on 28-May-2019:00:00:00
and querying that data on 29-May-2019:03:34:00(consider it to be latest=now), i would be seeing the data.

if now is 30-May-2019:02:34:59. And if i run the query with earliest=-24hrs , i would not get any data.

But i need the 24hrs data here, which was lastly ingested. That would on 28-May-2019:00:00:00.

A sample query would be helpful here.

Thanks
Shahid

0 Karma
1 Solution

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Would something like the following work for you?

[YOUR BASE SEARCH] 
| eventstats max(_time) as mylatest 
| where _time > mylatest-86400

The eventstats is calculating the latest time for the base search, which would be available in each event. You then filter where the _time of each event is within 24 hours of the last event you received.

View solution in original post

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Would something like the following work for you?

[YOUR BASE SEARCH] 
| eventstats max(_time) as mylatest 
| where _time > mylatest-86400

The eventstats is calculating the latest time for the base search, which would be available in each event. You then filter where the _time of each event is within 24 hours of the last event you received.

shahid285
Path Finder

@kmorris_splunk : Thanks a lot, your solution worked as expected

Thanks again!

Shahid

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...