Getting Data In

Can I use the parameters "BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE=\d+:\d+\d+" and "BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE_DATE=true" together in the same props.conf?

Madhan45
Path Finder

Can I use these two lines in a single props.conf? Will it work?

BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE=\d+:\d+\d+
BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE_DATE=true
0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

You cannot have both of these lines for a single input. Splunk will use one of them, but ignore the other. There will probably be a message in splunkd.log but that will be the only indication of the problem - except for the fact that your events will not break the way you want!

Like @sdaniels, I wonder if this level of complexity is really necessary. But, if it is necessary, you will need to write a single regular expression that will match either the date OR the pattern.

0 Karma

Madhan45
Path Finder

okay time_before_close=180 leads to break event?

0 Karma

alemarzu
Motivator

Madhan45,

Sample data please.

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My first question is why would this be necessary for your data set? You should only need to use one of them and i've personally not encountered a case where you'd need multiple of these when SHOULD_LINEMERGE is set to true. There is nothing in the docs that says it won't work but i'm assuming you aren't getting the desired results. Can you share what your data looks like if this is the case?

0 Karma

Madhan45
Path Finder

assume that below is my log:
<2016/01/06> Is restart required after making changes to Props.conf and Transforms.conf.
To not index the Current Date when indexing

I have added in my transforms.conf to ignore. But in this entire event it is ignoring only first two lines. It is not ignoring the third line "

0 Karma

Madhan45
Path Finder

okay, "time_before_close=20" in inputs.conf will leads to break events??

0 Karma

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You'll find details on whether you need to restart here...it depends for props and tranforms. Anything search time processing related does not need a restart. http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Admin/Configurationfilechangesthatrequirerestart. I do not see your log file entries above.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...