Getting Data In

Can I set kv_mode to JSON in the configuration file for a Splunk DB Connect input?

kknopp
Path Finder

I have a lot of experience with front end querying and search time Splunk queries, but I am less familiar with the back-end magic that can happen in Splunk.

I've created an input with DBX that returns an ID and a JSON from our database into Splunk. I tried parsing the JSON with spath, rex sed, and other options for a few hours yesterday, to no avail. If I could set the kv_mode to json in the config file, I think my life will be much easier. My question is, can (and how) would I do this? Are there any documents/previous threads that would have this information? Since the input is a query, and not a static file, I wasn't sure if it was configurable. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think this is possible, sorry. Probably better off with spath.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think this is possible, sorry. Probably better off with spath.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...