Getting Data In

Can I restrict the log ingestion when the index capacity reaches its limit on per day basis?

mala_splunk_91
Explorer

Hi, 

In Splunk cloud, Can I restrict the log ingestion when the index capacity reaches its limit on per day basis?

I have logs which is exceeding its indexing capacity on certain days. Is there any way I can block ingestion if the capacity reaches its threshold?

Also, I have another question, Is it possible for me to edit the configuration files to filter logs or send it null queue on the Splunk cloud?

If I want to create custom app to do so. Please share me any related documents to follow.

Thanks, 

Mala Sundaramoorthy

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mala_splunk_91,

as @VatsalJagani said, there isn't any automatic way to do this.

Obviously you can create an alert that fires when you're reaching e.g. the 50% at midday or the 80% at 5 PM.

So you can turn off some input when the alert fires, but not automatically.

Maybe it's  possible having Phantom, but I never tried.

about configurations, you can modify them only by interface on Splunk Cloud.

It's easier if you have to take on-premise logs using Forwarders, but anyway, always in manual mode not automatically.

About the way to create a custom App, it's a very easy App:

It will be easier when the data Stream Processor will be available (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DSP/1.3.0/User/Filter).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@mala_splunk_91 

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...