Getting Data In

Can I collect Linux application logs with no UF installed?

dionrivera
Path Finder

I have a linux box that is very sensitive to agent overhead, resources, security, etc. Installing the UF on it is out of the question. However, I need to pull some nginx application logs. How can I accomplish this?  I tried searching for answers here and other places but I don't see a comprehensive answer.
Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dionrivera
Path Finder

As it turns out. I was able to use rsyslog. Created a configuration file in /etc/rsyslogd and enabled the "imfile" module in /etc/rsyslog.conf.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dionrivera
Path Finder

As it turns out. I was able to use rsyslog. Created a configuration file in /etc/rsyslogd and enabled the "imfile" module in /etc/rsyslog.conf.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...