Getting Data In

Can I add an Index-Cluster to a Multisite-Index-Cluster

pinVie
Path Finder

Hello all,

I currently have a quite big splunk infrastructure with a multisite cluster (5 sites) each site has two indexer server. Additionally I have a smaller site with a completely independent Splunk Setup - it consists of several forwarders, a search head and one index-cluster (two server as well).

Is there any possibility to add this single index-cluster into the multisite cluster (as site Nr. 6) without loosing any data ?

Thx a lot for your help!

0 Karma
1 Solution

mahamed_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So you want to add the Site 6 to the existing multisite cluster ? Yes, you can do that. Keep in mind that the existing data in Site 6 will still remain in Site 6 and will not be replicated to other sites. Any new data you index in Site 6 will follow the site policies and get replicated to other sites

View solution in original post

mahamed_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So you want to add the Site 6 to the existing multisite cluster ? Yes, you can do that. Keep in mind that the existing data in Site 6 will still remain in Site 6 and will not be replicated to other sites. Any new data you index in Site 6 will follow the site policies and get replicated to other sites

pinVie
Path Finder

Ok - thank you for this information. How would I do this ? Just remove the Cluster-Master for Site 6 and configure the "Multi-Site-Cluster-ClusterMaster" + the additional Multi-Site settings for the two indexers on site 6 ?

0 Karma

mahamed_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes. Update the Site 6 indexers Cluster Master URI to point to Multisite Cluster Master URI and add site = site6 values. That's all.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...