Getting Data In

Blacklist question

ggouillart
Explorer

Dear all,

I would like to blacklist the INFO logs from multiple sources. I have a log that looks like this:
Aug 6 15:52:12 SERVERNAMEvpxd[2568] 2019-08-06T15:52:12.394+02:00 info vpxd[7FE257707700] [Originator@6876 sub=vpxLro opID=69ff7094-a352-4198-8d64-745913c1a13c-3376170-ngc-89] [VpxLRO] -- BEGIN lro-1471645 -- ChangeLogCollector -- vim.cdc.ChangeLogCollector.waitForChanges -- 5274327a-9694-a5a6-e539-3c4d97209e25(52f849af-3efe-84e0-c365-6c2a1d5e0cec)

I want to blacklist every log that contains "INFO " or "info " (contains a space after info or INFO). My blacklist for each source is
blacklist2 = "INFO " (or blacklist5 etc).

So far it did not work. I've checked some of the questions and the doc and can't find the answer. Anyone has the answer?

By the way, this field is not parsed correctly. When I try to look for the logs without INFO I search index=nameoftheindex NOT "INFO "

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

0 Karma
1 Solution

gaurav_maniar
Builder

Hi,

You can set configuration in props.conf & transforms.conf with following to exclude "INFO" events from indexing.

• props.conf

[source_type_name]
    TRANSFORMS-null= setnull

• transforms.conf

[setnull]
    REGEX = +\d+:\d+\s(INFO|info)\s
    DEST_KEY = queue
    FORMAT = nullQueue

Accept and upvote the answer if it helps.

View solution in original post

gaurav_maniar
Builder

Hi,

You can set configuration in props.conf & transforms.conf with following to exclude "INFO" events from indexing.

• props.conf

[source_type_name]
    TRANSFORMS-null= setnull

• transforms.conf

[setnull]
    REGEX = +\d+:\d+\s(INFO|info)\s
    DEST_KEY = queue
    FORMAT = nullQueue

Accept and upvote the answer if it helps.

ggouillart
Explorer

Should these settings be made on the universal forwarder or on the indexer? Would these logs considered as indexed? The main point is to lower the daily indexation volume.

Thanks for you answer

0 Karma

gaurav_maniar
Builder

It requires Heavy forwarder.
But if you are not using Heavy Forwarder, you can put these settings on Indexers.

The discarded data won't be counted against your license volume.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...