Getting Data In

Are there any compatibility issues running a 6.2.2 search head with 6.1.2 indexers?

mmohiuddin
Path Finder

We are planning to upgrade our search head to version 6.2.2 before we upgrade our indexers currently on version 6.1.2. Will there be any compatibility issues.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should be fine. 6.x search heads are compatible with 6.x and 5.x indexers. If you are using indexer clustering, see System requirements and other deployment considerations for indexer clusters in the Managing Indexers and Clusters of Indexers manual.

If you have forwarders involved, they are also compatible across versions, see Compatibility between forwarders and indexers in the Forwarding Data manual for complete information.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...