Getting Data In

Append and Update the CSV from a search output

gozdeyildiz

Hello,

I have a search which gives the output of the fields a and b. I am saving those outputs to a csv lets say output.csv. I would like to update with the latest value of the value a and b which means I do not want old/duplicate values for a and b and append non-existing values to the CSV file . I tried to do it with the left join but I was not successful.

Example: from the search fields below output is populated and writen to the csv.

name - age

bob 23
joey 33

and from another search fields below output is populated

name - age

joey 43

So I want my output.csv files to become below format.

name - age

bob 23
joey 43

Any help?

Bests!

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

CSV files must be updated in their entirety. The usual method is to read in the CSV, append the results of a search, deduplicate the results, and write them to the CSV.

| inputlookup output.csv
| append [ <your search> ]
| dedup name
| outputlookup outputs.csv
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

CSV files must be updated in their entirety. The usual method is to read in the CSV, append the results of a search, deduplicate the results, and write them to the CSV.

| inputlookup output.csv
| append [ <your search> ]
| dedup name
| outputlookup outputs.csv
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...