Getting Data In

Any ideas on how I can exclude the diagnostic file from sourcetype a but then include in sourcetype b?

jeisonrosado
Loves-to-Learn

I have 2 files I want to monitor for in the same directory with 2 different sourcetypes. My issue is both files are being picked up by sourcetype a because of the wildcard. The wildcard is needed for the dates that follow the log name. I tried blacklisting the diagnostic file from sourcetype a but that did not work.

[monitor://E:\path\to\log\directory\HFMWeb*-diagnostic.log]
sourcetype = <sourcetype b>
disabled = false
index = <index>
crcSalt = <SOURCE>

[monitor://E:\path\to\log\directory\HFMWeb*.log]
sourcetype = <sourcetype a>
disabled = false
index = <index>
crcSalt = <SOURCE>
blacklist = \-diagnostic

Any ideas on how I can exclude the diagnostic file from sourcetype a but then include in sourcetype b?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Hi @jeisonrosado 

You could follow example 3 or 4 listed in the below manual.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/Whitelistorblacklistspecificincomingdata

Hope this info helps.

Thanks

0 Karma

jeisonrosado
Loves-to-Learn

Hi @Roy_9 - Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I did try blacklisting the file from sourcetype a but that didn't seem to work. When I search for sourcetype b, I don't get any results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...