Getting Data In

Alert to create NEW ServiceNow Incident

timrich66
Communicator

Hello All,

I have an alert that has an Action to create a SNow Incident when a file has not been received by a certain date.

The first time the alert ran and the action was triggered, a new Incident was created.  Subsequently, the original Incident has been reopened.  This is not what I want.  I need to have a new Incident for each time the action is triggered.

I have tried setting 'state' to 1, which implies New in the documentation here - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/ServiceNow/Commandsandscripts

stateNoNumber4The state of the incident. For example:

1 - New
2 - Active
3 - Awaiting Problem
4 - Awaiting User Info
5 - Awaiting Evidence
6 - Resolved
7 - Closed

I have also left the Correlation ID blank so that a new (unique) ID is created.

Correlation IDA unique ID to support third-party application integration. It should only consist of alphanumeric characters, underscore (_), and hyphen (-) in its value. Leave blank for the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow to generate a unique ID for you.

Thanks in advance for support

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...