Getting Data In

After installing universal forwarder, why am I getting an error "you currently don't have any forwarders installed" in Splunk Cloud?

ptur
Path Finder

I'm following "Forward data to Splunk Cloud from Microsoft Windows" document ( http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.5.1612/User/ForwardDataToSplunkCloudFromWindows)

Point 5 of "Step2" which is related to setting up Deployment Server" speaks of "Self-service Splunk Cloud deployments only" - which i'm assuming i'm not, so i have skipped that step.

I'm stuck on "Step 4" When "Add Data" is selected all i get is "You currently don't have any forwarders installed."

I'm am however receiving the logs i have set up to forward on that forwarder.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

maraman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

looks like you have a managed splunk cloud deployment.
In that case, you should install and use a deployment server on premise.
step4 in that case is on your deployment server.
For testing, you can of course configure input locally like you seem to have done but depending on your context, you may need to set up a deployment server
if you need a license key for it (to unlock the feature), contact splunk cloud.
if you dont need/want a deployment server, then looks like you have enough to get data to your instance

View solution in original post

0 Karma

maraman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

looks like you have a managed splunk cloud deployment.
In that case, you should install and use a deployment server on premise.
step4 in that case is on your deployment server.
For testing, you can of course configure input locally like you seem to have done but depending on your context, you may need to set up a deployment server
if you need a license key for it (to unlock the feature), contact splunk cloud.
if you dont need/want a deployment server, then looks like you have enough to get data to your instance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...